Why Install an Under-Deck Drainage System?
Instead of debating over having a deck vs patio, consider having both. With a two-story deck, meaning you have an elevated deck to create a room beneath, you can install a ceiling to create a more finished living space with lights and fans. With a protected area, you can be as creative as you like! Here are a few ideas:
- Add a big screen TV, sound system, comfortable seating, and a wet bar, and you instantly expand your party space by finishing the area beneath your two-story deck. Be sure to buy a weatherproof TV for outdoor use.
- Install a full outdoor kitchen or roll out a portable cart to your patio table and chairs for your next dinner party. Eat outside without having to worry about the forecast with your under-deck living space. Add some screening, and you won’t even have to worry about the bugs.
- Create a comfortable seating area. Think about how you’d like to use your deck for yourself, your family, and for entertaining with friends. Instead of uncomfortable lawn chairs, maybe you need a couch and chairs with fun and functional cushions. Perhaps you’d like to add a hammock or a swing. Really great seating will make you want to spend more time on the deck!
- Relax and enjoy. Nothing beats a hot tub in the quiet, private space beneath your two-story deck. Make it your weekend oasis.
- Increase your storage. Everyone these days could use a little more storage. Check out some of these creative storage ideas for under your deck.
ZipUP UnderDeck® polishes the underside of your deck providing a dry, usable, outdoor living space. Any water from above channels through to your gutter system and your panels can be easily removed and replaced for mechanical access and the occasional cleaning. With ZipUP, you get an under deck drainage system and a finished look with one product.
- Multiple Profiles & Color Options
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Easy Access to Electric, Plumbing or for deck inspections.
Installation Costs for Materials and Labor is around $15-$18 sq. ft based on material sizes. Comes in 12′ and 16′ length panels.
Looking to save some money and install your self? We can help. We will help generate a materials list for your project and get you pricing and have delivered right to your home.
Ceiling fan and lights can be added for additional costs.